The objective of ACAN is
- To advice Nepal government and other bodies in the economic, financial, industrial and business policies and regulations.
- To develop consultancy services related to accounting profession.
- To provide educational services and training to develop the accounting profession
- To work for development of professional and ethical values in members
- Develop and facilitate the circulation and exchange of academic and professional knowledge among accountants and professionals by organizing conferences, meetings, seminars, training courses and academic gatherings in addition to encouraging scientific and professional research.
- To publish/ circulate newspaper & magazines to support the objective of association
- Enhance the profession of accountancy, auditing and other related fields as applied and used in the various professional services provided by accountants in all sectors including industry, commerce or public service throughout the country.
- Protect and maintain professional independence of accountants, and implement professional supervision standards over them as a means of advancing the professions of accounting and auditing.
- To strengthen the cordial and professional relationship in between the members
- To represent in the government or non government entities to protect the professional interest of members and accounting profession.